Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Guest Artist - Pippa of Pippsjewelry

http://www.pipsjewellery.etsy.com/


In beautiful village in the heart of Wiltshire, England, lives one of the most inspirational polymer clay artists, Pippa of Pipsjewellery. She has been using Polymer Clay to create things at least since 1990. She describes herself as a bit of a butterfly, and loves trying new techniques in her beads so you will always be able to find something new and different in her shop.

From her blog - "Addiction. Not a word I ever thought I would use in a description of myself! But here I am, addicted to the stuff and loving every minute! Come and share with me the up and downs and ins and outs of trying to be a Polymer Clay Artist."

I definitely think she has succeeded! The one recurring theme that you will find in her jewelry, however, is leaves. She loves incorporating them into jewelry in lots of different styles and colors.

Here's a magnificent kaleidoscope pendant. The precision is amazing - just like the artist.

4 comments:

Pips said...

Linda I just saw this!!! Thank you so much my friend. What a wonderful suprise for me. I am really happy and honoured to be featured, or as we would say over here, I am really made up!

CreativeSpirit said...

Lovely article about a very talented polymer clay artist. Amazing!

DivaDea said...

Yay, Pippa!

revonav said...

Fun, fresh, lively, and giving; Pippa and the art she creates.

A Little About Me

I'm retired from Stony Brook Hospital (administrative), and since then have been exploring the wonderful medium of polymer clay. I have two children, and two grandchildren, 5 years old and two years old. They are truly a joy. I am married to the same guy for 41 years. He's supportive of my art and teaching. I'm a Law and Order Junkie and love all books by James Patterson, the Eagles music and Billy Joel.

Proud member of the Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy

Since May of 2007 I have been a member of the Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy. Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. The website, which launched in 2005, has an online community that includes tutorials, downloads, blogs, and a variety of articles on the latest in handmade artistry. In 2006, started by Ilysa Bierer, the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy (PCAGOE) was formed. Today 87 members strong, PCAGOE provides a forum for polymer clay artists to showcase new and exciting techniques, discuss designs and materials, problem solve, and even encourages friendly competition with a monthly challenge. The Guild has supported with the artistry, time and consideration of its members, many different charities. This past spring, tiny clay decorated Bottles of Hope were designed by many members to be donated to cancer patients at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Massachusetts.